Wound Healing - MEBO
MEBO is a topical, true wound healing agent for skin and mucous membranes in acute and chronic wounds.
- Provides optimum moisture for wound necessary for regeneration and repair 1' 2' 3
- Protects against infection 5' 4' 11
- Relieves pain and reduces inflammation and edema 6' 7' 8' 9
MEBO assists on all 3 phases of wound healing 13' 14' 15' 16' 17' 18' 19
- Promotes debridement and autolysis of necrotic tissue
- Enhances natural healing process
- Potentiates tissue regeneration and repair
- Minimal scarring, hypo or hyper-pigmentation
Ingredients & Key activities of MEBO
|Amur Cork Tree
||Beta-sitosterol (plant sterol)
|Golden Thread Rhizome
Anti-inflammatory7' 8' 9
|Sesame (Sesamum indicum)
Directions for use: Apply directly onto wound immediately at a thickness of not more than 1mm. Re-apply every 4 to 6 hours if wound is exposed, and 10 to 12 hours if wound is covered.
Indications: Mebo can be used for the treatment of chemical burns, superficial (first degree) burns and adjunctive treatment for second and third degree burns. It can also be used for the treatments of acute and chronic ulcers of skin and mucous membranes as well as post operative wounds. Other indications include cracked nipples, cracked heals, sunburn and mouth ulcers.
Contraindications: Allergic reactions may occur in people with hyper-sensitivity to sesame oil.
- MEBO is manufactured by Julphar under GMP facilities and is FDA approved. It is distributed in South Africa by Sekpharma (Pty) Ltd
- MEBO has 33 Clinical Trials that have been published in Internationally Accredited Journals
- MEBO is safe for pregnant women and infants